Basic information on CSQA/CSTE
- All the exam information can be found at http://www.softwarecertifications.org/ about the EXAM , procedures, how to Apply and materials.
- Oultine of Certified Software Quality Analysts (CSQA) Prep Guide ( earlier name CBOK ) can be found at http://www.softwarecertifications.org/csqabok/csqabok.htm or http://www.softwarecertifications.org/csqabok/CSQACBOK2006.pdf .
- You can purchase the book at http://www.qaiworldwide.org/bookstore. Member & Nonmember price: $100 each ~ Hard Copy / $60 each ~ CD
- If you signup and pay $350. You will recieve CD as it is included in the price after you have been accepted.
Note: You do NOT have to select the exam date while applying. You have one year's time after your candidacy is accepted to choose exam date. Its recommended that you signup after you feel comfortable about the preparing on time.
- The exam consists of four papers, two objective papers (45 minutes each) and two subjective papers (75 minutes each). Duration is 4 hours and to pass you need overall average of 75% on the exam.
- You will need to read stuff outside CBOK to clear subjective questions. You can find the answers to subjective questions & question bank on this site. Feel free to post your questions in forums.
- See the QA books section here. It has list of books you can refer for your exam.
FAQ: If I have only 2-3 years experience in Quality can I pass the exam.?
Answer: CSQA tests your ability to handle practical situations mainly in subjective questions. If you have hands-on experience for 2-3 years in Quality you should be able to clear the exam. If you have just started in quality then it is upto your individual ability which you can determine after reading some questions on this site. The pre-requisite of the exam is that you have atleast 1 year of experience in Quality.