October 10, 2006 - 4:12pm
Adding another set of objective questions.
November 21, 2006 - 5:49pm
This CSQA Question Bank is very helpful. However, most of the questions in the bank have NO answers! That's really a problem for me. I don't know which one is the correct question and can't improve from doing the bank questions. Please tell me where I can find the anwser. Thanks a million!!!
November 22, 2006 - 1:27pm
You can post the questions in forums that you dont know the answers for, we will try to answer them.
November 22, 2006 - 5:06pm
Thank you for the quick reply. That's a good idea. I will post a few today and more coming later :) . I highlight my answer as BOLD. Happy Thanksgiving!
1. The term “benchmarking” meansa. Comparing with past data from your organizationb. Comparing with the results of a market surveyc. Comparing with the results of a customer surveyd. None of the above
2. An example of deployment of a quality approach is:
a. The degree to which the approach embodies effective evaluation cycles
b. The appropriate and effective application to all product and service characteristics
c. The effectiveness of the use of tools, techniques, and methods
d. The contribution of outcomes and effects to quality improvement
e. The significance of improvement to the company’s business
3. What type of control is a job accounting log?
a. Correctiveb. Preventivec. Detectived. Protectivee. None of the above 4. The process of securing future processing capability with proper data for future contingencies by duplicating systems procedures and data is a. providing a Help Deskb. Database Designc. Artificial Intelligenced. System Backupe. All of the abovef. None of the above 5. Quality Assurance personnel must not be involved in changing work products.a. True b. False 6. Random causes of process problems can be ___________ eliminated.a. Sometimesb. Neverc. Rarelyd. Always 7. Quality is a ______________ Responsibility. a. Staffb. Linec. Both
November 19, 2007 - 6:42am
Can any one let me know the answer for this
Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) are both necessary to make quality happen. Of the two QA is more important than QC - True / False
January 10, 2008 - 8:09am
November 16, 2010 - 11:52am
November 22, 2006 - 5:40pm
All answers you have highlighted seems right. I am only not sure about Question 4. I am thinking it can be "None of above". This doesnt look like an exam question.
November 23, 2006 - 2:16am
Thanks again for your reply. Let me explain two things before more questions :
1. You said Question 4 doesnt look like an exam question. The reason might be that in addition to the CSQA bank, I also have collected all the other samples and questions asked by other people, and they are mixed up. Anywas they are questions that I am not sure about.
2. The exam I will attend is actually CSTE instead of CSQA. I have read the "Guide to CSTE 2006 CBOK" thoroughly. Now I want to find some samples to practise. I have finished those three postings on your website: CSTE Study materials and tests, CSTE Sample Quiz A and CSTE Sample Quiz B. Very helpful. However, on your website, there are more sample questions for CSQA than CSTE. That's why I am using CSQA bank, because some of the content are the same. But I still would like to find the real sample exams for CSTE, if there is any. Please let me know where I can find them.
Thanks a lot!
November 28, 2006 - 2:13pm
Can you confirm the answers for me? I highlighted my answer as BOLD.
1.Which one below is not an attribute of executive management? a.purposefulb.Compententc.Analyticald.Decisivee.Meaningful
2. QA report is designed toa.Convey informationb.Change behaviorc.Trace problemd.None of the above
3.When the quality processes are mature with defined, improving work processes the focus of the quality function is on a.Optimizationb.Product qualityc.Process deployment and complianced.All of the above
4.Measurement provides quantitative feedback to an organisation about whether it is achieving its goals and moving towards its results ( true or false )My answer is false, because measurement can also provide non-quantitative feedback.
5.Process improvement uses facts(measurement results) to identify the root causes of problems ( true or false )My answer is true.
6. QC is a managerial function desgned primarily to detect & correct defects. (True or false).My answer is false, because QC is not a managerial function, but a line function.
7. During an inspection, inspectors normally make suggestions on correcting the defects found. (True or False)My answer is true, because during inspecction, defects are identified, not corrected, but inspectors can make sugguestions.
8.When viewing product /service Quality from the customer’s view, a feature added by the producer, that was not included in the product specifications / requirements would be called:a.an enhancementb.a defectc.an unspecified need identified by the builder of the product / serviced.a correctione.none of the above
9.Conformity behavior can be used toa.Conform people to a groupb.Make everyone face the door in a liftc.Change behaviord.Find a leader for the groupe.None of the above
10.An ongoing negotiation and improvement process whose purpose is to satisfy customer needs in an efficient, effective and economical manner isa.Requirements Analysisb.a Contractc.a Service Level Agreementd.None of the above
11.Which of the following are true a.Testing precedes debuggingb.Debugging is only done along with testingc.Testing is not required if a program is debuggedd.Debugging precedes testing
12. Producer views quality as meetinga.whether the product or service does what the customer needsb.product has zero defectsc.producer’s requirements or specificationsd.conformance to requirements
13.Internal service level agreement is a contract.a.trueb.false
14.External service level agreement is a contract.a.trueb.false
15."Prototyping" is donea.Because the software analyst feels good doing itb.It makes the development work easierc.To get a better understanding of the requirementsd.It can be used later for automation
16. A “Baseline" isa.A measure of the current position of your project/productb.Measure of the present position of your project/product compared to a previous statec.A measure of the present position of your project/product compared against a future (estimated) stated.A measure of your product compared to an existing industry standard.(On page 61, same answers are listed, but the question is "benchmarking is". What should be selected for benchmarking?
17.A document, detailing how you are going to achieve the goals of your company, using your company’s Quality processes and procedures, is aa.Strategic Quality Planb.Quality Work Planc.Corporate Vision Statementd.None of the above
18.The following is not a corrective cost:a.Default optionb.Field highlightingc.Hash total
19.The following is not a preventive cost:a.Field highlightingb.Limit checksc.Passwordd.Check digits
20.The three COQ categories (Preventive, Appraisal & Failure) are sometimes called the cost of nonconformancea.Trueb.False
21.Measure is a single attribute of quality (True/False)In the book, it says "Measure is a single attribute of entity". So my answer is false, but not sure if I am too detailed?
22.In web based systems these systems will be customized to suit to different environments even though this is not in the requirements (True / False)My answer is true.
23. The five generally accepted criteria namely code of ethics, statement of responsibilities, Program of continuing education, Common body of knowledge and Certification program are recognized fora.A Professionb.An internal auditc.Quality assuranced.All of the abovee. None of the above
24.The difference between Internal auditing and Quality Assurance center heavily arounda.Statement of responsibilitiesb.Common body of knowledgec.Code of ethicsd.A and Be.A and Cf.A, B and C
25.Judgement is an audit function. (True or false)My answer is true.
26. Taylor approach refers to a.Engineers create work standards and specifications. Workers merely follow. b.Engineers create work standards and specifictions. Both engineers and workers follow. c.Engineers create work standards and specifications and follow them.
27. Metrics for reliability, usability, maintainability, security and customer satisfaction.My anwser:Reliability: number of abnormal termininationusability: ease of use surveymaintainability: complexity metrics, size metrics, number of days to fix a defect (??)security: number of unanthorized access into databasecustomrer satisfacction: end user survey (complaint, acceptance criteria met)
Thanks a lot!
February 28, 2007 - 4:08am
I believe the answer should be "a".
November 28, 2006 - 3:00pm
The following answers were incorrect.
4 & 7 are incorrect. You can check in other place or books for futher validation.
answer to 12 is (d)
14 is also incorrect, SLA is different from contract read this link for more info "Managing Service Level Agreements"
Answer to 16 is (d)
20 is false
1. Cost of Conformance
Prevention CostAppraisal Cost
2. Cost of Non-conformanceInternal Failure Cost
External Failure Cost
23 is (a)
Answer to 27 is detailed on this website elsewhere, use search function.
Others look OK, cant say for sure if they are right or wrong. Using Search on this site will get you most answers
November 29, 2006 - 9:42am
I disagree with csqa on answering to 20. I have read CSQA CBOK and the author of this book said: The three COQ categories (Preventive, Appraisal & Failure) are sometimes called the cost of nonconformance. Therefore, I think the answer should is TRUE.
November 29, 2006 - 9:46pm
CBOK has final word, so that will invalidate the comment on answer 20
November 29, 2006 - 10:36pm
Good discussion and thanks for the answer.
Here I have some more for discussion. I have searched on this site for anwser, but get confused and hope to get final word :)
1. Quality need not be defined in quantitative terms in order to be measurable. (True or false)
My answer is true, because I consider those quality factors such as usability, reliablity. They don't need to be defined in quantitative, right?
2. Quality can be controlled only if it is measured. (True or false).
This is true, although the measure can be quantitative or qualitive.
3. The topics of standards and nonconformance should discussed in every meeting to improve quality. True or false.
I think it is false. No need to discuss on every meeting, right?
4. Testing is not a verification technique. (True or false)
I think it is true, but not sure. I think it depends on the word "testing", whether you use it narrowly or broadly.
5. Modifying existing standards to better match the need of project or environment isa.Definitionb.Standard for a standardc.Tailoringd.Customizatione.None of the above
The answer on this site says e (none of the above), but I think it is customization (of the process, while standard is part of process). Please confirm.
November 29, 2006 - 11:32pm
1. If you have to measure , it has to be quantitative right ?. How can you measure quality by qualitative methods? Usability, Reliability, Customer Satisfaction all can be measured.
3. Whenever you see words like EVERY, ALL in the question, mostly it will be false
5. Looks correct.
January 24, 2007 - 12:59pm
4. Testing is not a verification technique T/F.
This is true, Because, the main objective of both verification and validation is finding the defects.
June 13, 2007 - 10:01pm
This CSQA Question bank is really gud. Thanks a lot for posting it here.
As this bank doesnt have answers for the question, I have some difficulty.
Can anybody tell me the answers for this Question.
1. Quality Assurance and Quality Control are both necessary to make quality happen. Of the two QA is more important than QC.
June 14, 2007 - 2:19am
True. Coz Prevention is better than cure . QA prevents the future problems by looking at current process. QC fixes the defects with the products
June 15, 2007 - 6:49pm
View the discussion thread.