CSTE vs ISQTB which is better
- CSTE costs approximately thrice compared to ISTQB foundation level.
- ISTQB being newer certification has fewer companies as affiliates compared QAI. CSTE is preferred in US and Asian countries, while ISTQB/ISEB preferred in UK
- QAI certification is older and widely recognized. QAI coverage is approx 30 countries whereas ISTQB appox 11 countries.
- ISQTB Foundation is much easy to clear. Other levels are also relatively easier.
- ISQTB is totally objective while CSTE examination consists of written and objective
- Both certifications will help you gain knowledge and skills, but CSTE is more exhaustive when compared to Foundataion level if ISQTB
- ISQTB certification has 4 levels , starts from Foundation. Probably somewhere between 2nd level and 3rd level of ISQTB would match CSTE.
- ISTQB exam can be taken from 0 years experience in software testing field. (Foundation Level), After 2+ years experience you can start writing Advance Level one by one or 3 sub level in single attempt (Intermidiate, Practitioner, Higher). CSTE needs 2 years experience as testing professional to become eligible for certification.
- Exam patterm as follows
ISTQB Foundation: 75 Mins closed book exam consists of approximately 40 multiple choice questions of 1 points each. An exam amounts to 40 points total, pass is 65%(26 points)
CSTE has four sections and total exam duration is 270 min. There are 2 section having 50 objective questions and time limit is 45 min and 2 sections having subjective 6 to 10 questions and time limit as 75 min. With 10 min, break after each paper the total duration You can write the exam using HB pencil only.