Propose a QA Mentoring Scheme
A Typical mentoring scheme should have following questions
- What is Mentoring
- What will be covered in the mentoring scheme
- Why mentoring scheme is required ?
- How can mentors and mentees apply in the scheme
- Who is eligible to become a mentor and a mentee
- Details of application process and Duration
Esentially we could have 5 steps for participation in scheme ( below is a sample only , only to give you an understanding)
• Mentees should consider which development needs might be met through mentoring and specify some learning objectives in advance of their first meeting with their mentor.
2. Planning with the mentor
• At the first meeting, both parties should discuss how to work together and derive mutual benefit from the experience. It is important to create a rapport. Don’t rush into action plans
• Mentors should take the lead, listen, ask open questions and negotiate an agenda
• Early meetings are likely to be quite exploratory in order to create a mutual understanding of the topics to work through
• You should agree some aims and objectives and an action plan.
3. Acting on the plan
• Mentees should be prepared to act on their plan wherever possible• Mentees may need to negotiate some protected time from their employer to work on their action plan.
4. Reviewing progress
• Together, you will want to review progress, identifying problems that have occurred and generating a new understanding of how to overcome them. This may also involve refining your learning objectives• Mentors will want to listen and challenge, identify further development needs, give information and advice and share their own experiences where appropriate
5. Evaluating your participation
• What did you expect to learn from the experience?
• Were your expectations met? Why/why not?
• What did you learn?
• Did you encounter any difficulties? If so, were they resolved and how?
• What would you do differently when entering into another mentoring relationship?
• What could be done to improve on the design and management of the scheme?